Monday, November 16, 2009

Next film session

For the moment, Chase and I have decided to just focus on the topic of my film... since Chase needs a baby to be born to make his film. So, our next film session is going to be shooting some of the cut-away shots. One of the shots will be based on the family tree. To reflect this, I plan to start from the base or trunk of the tree and pan up from a low angle off the ground. This shot will show the tree from it's roots or the beginning of a family tree, to the leafs or the offspring of the parents. I would also like to implement wind and how that scatters leafs... just as Dave and Kyle were scattered away from each other by their father.

The shot I am most eager to do because it may be a challenge is filming all of Dave and Kyle's pictures falling to the ground. This will be the scene leading up to the title of my film; I still haven't discovered what the title will be. The pictures I will use are of Dave and Kyle throughout the years. I plan to tape pennies to the back four corners of the pictures and just drop them... we'll see if this will work. I am hoping so.

I am eager to do our next film session. I just hope the pictures in my mind translate well on film.

No comments: