Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Bit of Filming/ New Developments

This past weekend both Stacey and J.C came down to San Diego and we made our first attempt at gathering some film. With both of them there to man the camera, I was able to focus primarily on the game. After the game was over we decided to try out some of the staged shots I had in mind. Although I felt the footage looked good, I realized after the fact that there is a significant amount of background noise from the stands which could be a problem. In addition, although we felt that we had gather a significant amount of footage during the game, after I reviewed the tape, I came to the conclusion that all of the shots will have to be staged because everything is to far away to really get the detail and convey the emotion that I was hoping for.

As far as progression in other aspects of the film, I handed out my preliminary questionnaires/ interview topics to the players/coaches I intend to interview and I was also able to lock in all the other interviews I was hoping to get. In addition, I took some photos that I plan to use in the introduction of the film and was able to gather a significant number of pictures of other women from around the world. As a positive side note, I found out via facebook about a woman who is a seasoned veteran of baseball and was given the opportunity to try out for the Detroit Tigers minor league team. I contacted her, informed her about my film, and asked if she would like to contribute in some way. She said yes!! I think this will be an exciting new addition to the film!!

No comments: