Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lights, Lights, Lights, Yeah...

As I sit here at my desk this morning at Ye Olde Botox Shoppe (not the actual name of my office by the way…but sometimes I wish it were), I realize that with all the excitement of Tin’s lighting workshop, I completely forgot to blog on behalf of our group! First, I’d like to start by saying thank you to Tin. Your workshop was both fun and highly informative. Although we were all a little silly at times (I think we all had a case of the pre-Thanksgiving holiday jitters), I think we all really did learn a lot. Although our group doesn’t plan on doing any indoor set interviews, it is always good to have a little bit of knowledge in your back pocket in case the occasion should arise.

Also, I highly suggest Tin does researches getting a patent on his technology or a copy write on his idea for the contraption he showed us. You can do this at www.legalzoom.com, which provides self-help legal services. I learned about this site by listening to Joe Escalante's Barely Legal Radio (http://barelylegalradio.com/pages/index.php), which is a program at 9:00 a.m. every Friday morning on Indie 103.1. It is a fantastic source for information about the legal issues of the world of entertainment (film, music, books, etc.).

As far as filming goes, our group had its first day of filming in Santa Ana this past Saturday, November 22nd. This day served as our location scouting/ guerrilla filming day. Unfortunately, due to the schedule of the Grain Project, they were not having a community garden session that day. But, that didn’t stop us from driving around Santa Ana, filming Santa Ana signs, empty lots, Jerome Park (the large city park in which the garden is located), filming the garden (from the outside—the gates were locked), and eating some mango. Although Saturday served its purpose, we are very excited and anxious to get started filming INSIDE the garden and talking to people. Our first day for that is Saturday, December 6th. Although I love this rainy weather, I am keeping my fingers crossed for clear skies and good natural lighting on that particular day.

No comments: