Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What a Shell of a Guy and a Shell of a Time!

It's been long, but it's been good... at least from my side of the screen.
This class has been an enjoyable and educational experience. I'm very glad that I had a chance to experiment with cinematography. I would love to explore my artistic side more in this way. Like others mentioned in class today, I may consider taking a cinematography or editing class at a junior college in the future to learn some more of the fundamentals. Somehow I would like to incorporate cinematography into my future work... whatever that might be :)

As for the film festival, it was really fun! Everyone seemed to love our film. The consistent feedback was that it was really good. As others have mentioned, it was exciting to see our work up on the big screen. Personally, I was very proud when I saw the things I filmed on the big screen, as well as the things Donia filmed. But to be like "oh I filmed that!" made me happy. The way Jessica edited was like magic. She really is the strand the brought this all together :)

The other great part about this whole experience has been our wonderful "star" Louis Sheldon. He was so willing and patient as we filmed and interviewed him. I'm so glad that he likes the final product (not that we ever doubted that). He plans to show the film to the Pacific Choncological Society in November. Steven wants to attend that meeting and maybe I will too. I would be very interested to hear the reactions of the other shell club members.

Our whole group wants to enter our film into festivals and see where it might go. The first might be the Feel Good Film Festival this summer as well as some environmental film festivals. We'll see what happens. It has been a great learning experience for all of us! We are so very thankful for all the help we have received!

And remember... be kind to your shell covered friends... for they might be someone's mother...... or someone's dinner ;-)

(PS they actually taste pretty good :P)

No comments: