Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Filming in Modesto... dun dun dunnnn

When I woke in Modesto, Wednesday morning before Thanksgiving I looked outside and saw all the lovely fall colors I had missed due to arriving in town late Tuesday night. I was very eager and ready to film. The colors and scenery and lighting was beautiful. I scouted around for some areas to do the interview and was thoroughly disappointed, due to the sound. The sound outside was really terrible and we did not have access to any indoor areas that would be conducive to a good interview on film. When I put on the headphones I realized what a noisy neighborhood Dave's family lives in.

All together I spent about 3 days trying to get something good outside but because of cars and wind, rain on one day and Dave, the interviewee leaving to Boston the next day, I couldn't get anything. It was extremely frustrating to say the least.

There was about a 3 hour block of time on Wednesday though when I shot some cutaway scenes. To my dismay, I ended up with about 1 1/2 minutes of film. My in-laws were shocked that I practically ended up with nothing by the time I stopped.

The next go around will hopefully involve either the wind cover for the shotgun mic or the soundproof room that Chase might be able to get for our second interview with Dave. We will also hopefully do the interview with Kyle, Dave's brother on December 12th when he comes down to visit us.

No comments: