Monday, March 23, 2009

The Film God's heard our plea's...

I'd like to start this blog with a big THANK YOU to Dr. Schindler and to Krystal Long. Without the gift of their time, Tin and I wouldn't have been able to capture ALL of our footage this last friday. 17 tapes in roughly 8 hours, with no major problems. This has given us great peace of mind and allows us to breathe a bit. But, we still have a long way to go. We haven't done anything in regards to developing the film this week, but we'll start editing on wednesday.

Photobucket

I took part in a filming of the infamous Luis Sheldon (he's taller in person) this last sunday at Ferguson's Shell Shop in Wilmington. This place was cool, and challenging to shoot in!!! I enjoyed working with Donia and Rachel, and it was interesting to see how their interviewing style differed from our own. It was my first time doing extended hand-held work, and I will say that its difficult and extremely tiring. My right are was jello after the hour and a half shoot. It was overall a great experience, and I'm happy I was able to meet the one and only Luis, as well as the friendly owners of Ferguson's.


1 comment:

Donia said...

We should talk about how our interview styles differ! I'd be really interested to know...thanks again Ryan. It was SO sweet of you to come and film with us. I'm sorry that your arm was killing you - from what Jessica has said, she thought the footage was really good.